i was completely inspired by this post via pretty good. i’ve been creating all sorts of paper flowers this week. I looked at a tutorial online, but ended up using the method i remember from elementary school. here’s how it works…
1. begin with at least 6 sheets of tissue paper, cut to 8″x16″. accordian fold the entire length of the sheets.
2. wrap a wire around the middle of the folded tissue paper leaving about 8″ of wire for the stem.
3. let tissue paper unfold a bit.
4. begin to separate each sheet of tissue paper giving lots of depth and texture. this part isn’t hard, it just requires patience and gentle fingers.
5. wrap stems with floral tape, if you’d like. place in a vase with real leaves or use as a gift topper.