As I live, I learn there is so much more to love than I used to think. It’s deeper, wider, stronger and more beautiful than I used to believe. Here are some things I’m learning about love…
1. Love grows in rocky soil. With a little sunlight and water, love can grow even in difficult circumstances. It doesn’t require ideal conditions to thrive.
2. Love is resilient. It gets nicked and scraped, but if those bumps and bruises are tended to, it will heal to become even stronger.
3. Love is a renewable resource. Sometimes I feel used up and empty. But with a little rest and room to breathe, I am refreshed and ready to love again.
4. Love is brave. A heart that knows it is loved is willing to risk and be vulnerable.
5. Love expands. There is no limit to love. As we’ve made new friends and watched our family get bigger, I’ve seen my heart stretch and grow.
How has love surprised you?